7 steps to feedback heaven
The 7 Steps to feedback Heaven
1. Identify The Goals and Success Criteria. If pupils don’t understand their goals then feedback will not work very well.
2. First Draft: Start the exercise but pupils should know from the start that this is only their first draft and some editing will follow
3. Self and/or Peer Assessment: Pupils review their work comparing their First Draft with the success criteria set in step 1.
4. Second Draft: Pupils correct and re-draft their work according to the feedback they have received in Step 3.
5. Teacher Feedback: Feedback is given by the teacher on the 2nd Draft.
6. Final Draft: The key to Feedback Heaven is that pupils should complete the final draft after the teacher’s feedback not before it.
7. Grade (if needed): If required, pupils can grade their own work against the success crieteria in Step 1. It is key that this grading should be kept separate from the feedback given in Step 5.
Recent Blog Posts
Enter your details below to sign up to our email newsletter.