Developing the role of coaches (instructional leaders)
Coaches (instructional leaders) are vital for building long-term capacity in schools. Throughout our long-term processes, coaches will act as a bridge between leaders and staff, collecting evidence of change as strategies are trialled in schools. Over time, through training and coaching from our experts, your coaches will develop into champions who will encourage action learning and support colleagues with the implementation of the plan.
Our work with coaches include:
- Providing practical strategies to support and prompt professional learning conversations
- Developing coaching skills, including questioning techniques and facilitation strategies
- Understanding the role of the coach in peer observation
- Exploring how mental models drive actions and how mindsets impact on expectations
- Debriefing learning to promote new thinking and support action planning for personal and professional growth