- James Nottingham Keynote Speaker, Executive Director & principal author Founder of Challenging Learning; Co-Founder of P4C.com; Creator of The Learning PitJames NottinghamKeynote Speaker, Executive Director & principal author Founder of Challenging Learning; Co-Founder of P4C.com; Creator of The Learning Pit
James is the world-renowned keynote speaker, author and creator of the Learning Pit.
His keynote speeches are often regarded as the most effective, engaging and inspirational presentations in the world of education.
The examples he offers and the evidence he interprets will leave you wanting to do things differently without a bag of guilt to weigh you down.
- Apr 2022
- All Day
Building Efficacy Through the Learning Pit With James Nottingham
Friday 29th April 2022
The last two years have emphasised just how important it is to have students (and staff) with high self (and collective efficacy). Those with high self-efficacy approach a task with the sense that they can ‘figure it out’; those with low self-efficacy believe there is very little they can do to improve things, particularly if they struggle or fail. Useful synonyms for self-efficacy include potency and influence; it is also closely related to growth mindset.
- Three of the best ways to build students’ self-efficacy (as well as the things to avoid)
- The relationship between self-efficacy, self-esteem and student independence
- Strategies to teach students how to learn, including questioning, reflection and thinking skills
James Nottingham is the creator of The Learning Pit as well as a sought-after keynote speaker and author of 11 books about teaching, learning and leadership. He co-founded Challenging Learning in 2006 to share some of the best ways to strengthen learning in schools, nurseries, and colleges. HIs company now employs 20 staff in six countries: the UK, the USA, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Australia.
- Ticket Pricing:
- $375 AUD per ticket
- To request an invoice please email [email protected] (Please provide your name, number of tickets required, and invoicing address.)
- Please note that the tax will change to 10% (GST) at payment stage when booking online
Should restrictions cause the event to be cancelled, a full refund will be given. If you are unable to participate due to Covid, your place will be fully transferrable.