- Feb 2020
TimeEastern Standard Time
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- $149pp plus VAT
Leading Schools That Promote Self-Efficacy and Productive Struggle
Presenter: James Nottingham, Author of The Learning Challenge: How to Guide Your Students Through the Learning Pit to Achieve Deeper Understanding
The benefit of Self-Efficacy and Productive Struggle is undoubted. They help students develop resilience, emotional wisdom, interpersonal skills and influence • which ultimately increases achievement levels. For many educators though, it can feel like yet “another thing” they are responsible for unless they have the practical strategies to use and the right leadership to back them up. This session will include relevant materials and strategies that leaders can implement in their schools and districts tomorrow.
- Create the right environment for self-efficacy and productive struggle to thrive;
- Amplify the mental models needed to develop self-efficacy;
- Turn a school from a performance-related environment into a learning-focused one since self-efficacy will only thrive when combined with a learning focus;
- Develop the expectations and structures in which students will look forward to productive struggle and willingly step out of their comfort zone; and
- Generate some quick wins to give staff, students, and their parents a sense of momentum and progress.
This session would be an ideal in-district program to bring to your district.