TimeEastern Standard Time
Guiding Students Through the Learning Pit with James Nottingham
Audience: Teachers (all grades), Instructional Coaches, Allied Educators and School Leaders
James Nottingham created The Learning Pit to encourage his students to step out of their comfort zone and seek challenges that will deepen their learning. Today, the model is used around the world to enhance students’ language of learning, metacognition, resilience and curiosity. It also helps teachers identify when to move students from surface-to deep-learning, as well as providing a framework for effective questioning.
- Understand how the Learning Pit can be used to encourage learners of all ages to step out of their comfort zone and take on more challenges.
- Discover the best strategies for guiding students into and out of the Learning Pit.
- Know when to support, when to challenge, when to confuse and when to engage students so that they move from surface to deep learning.
- Develop a common metacognitive language for planning and reflecting on the learning process.
- Learn how to teach students to use “Pit Tools”so that they grow their independence, resilience and self-efficacy.
Early Bird: S$400nett per participant (till 30 April 2020)
Standard: S$500nett per participant (from 1 May 2020)
Group Discount: S$50 off per participant if 3 or more from same organisation register for same workshop (includes lunch and a coffee/tea break)