TimeEastern Standard Time
ONSITE WORKSHOP: Seven Steps to Maximising the Impact of Feedback
Audience: Teachers (all grades), Instructional Coaches, Allied Educators and School Leaders
Feedback is one of the most significant influences on student learning. At least, that is what research by Hattie, Wiliam, Lysakowski, Walberg, and others suggests. Yet, it is also one of the most variable: more than a third of the studies show a negative outcome on student learning. Added to that, 80% of the verbal feedback that students receive during the day comes from other students, and most of it is wrong. Imagine if we could address these problems and get the effect of feedback right more of the time! This workshop with James Nottingham will point you in the right direction!
- Understand why the impact of feedback often isn’t as powerful as expected and what can be done to correct the situation.
- Learn how to expertly use James Nottingham’s Seven Steps to Feedback Success.
- Understand the best routines for maximising the positive effects of feedback.
- Be able to adapt the use of grading to turn it from a negative effect to a positive effect on student learning.
- Develop routines that will help all students boost their self-assessment capabilities
Early Bird: S$400nett per participant (till 30 April 2020)
Standard: S$500nett per participant (from 1 May 2020)
Group Discount: S$50 off per participant if 3 or more from same organisation register for same workshop (includes lunch and a coffee/tea break)