However, when given choice, far too many children pick the thing they know they can do well (often because they want to be praised by the adults). At Challenging Learning, we have developed strategies to help all young children enjoy and seek out the challenging options. This in turn helps those young learners make more progress in their learning so that they are happier, more rounded and confident children.
Suitable for all staff working in educational settings for 2-6-year-olds (including EYFS, pre-school, day care, kindergarten, nurseries and playgroups), we can help you to:
- Make the best use of feedback and praise to support, encourage and stretch young learners
- Improve the quality of dialogue with and between young children
- Use the ASK Model to develop children’s attitudes, skills and knowledge
- Engage and enhance children’s thinking skills
- Develop a growth mindset in young children and their families
- Use Philosophy for Children (P4C) as a way to encourage curiosity, reasoning, and caring and collaborative thinking