Today, the model is used around the world to enhance students’ language of learning, metacognition, resilience and curiosity. It also helps teachers identify when to move students from surface to deep learning, as well as providing a framework for effective questioning.
Suitable for teachers, leaders and support staff working with students between the ages of 3-19, we can help you to:
- Understand how the Learning Pit® can be used to encourage learners of all ages to step out of their comfort zone and take on more challenges
- Discover the best strategies for guiding students into and out of the Learning Pit
- Know when to support, when to challenge, when to confuse and when to engage students so that they move from surface to deep learning
- Develop a common metacognitive language for planning and reflecting on the learning process
- Learn how to teach students to use ‘Pit Tools’ so that they grow their independence, resilience and self-efficacy